Here is a reader-tested and approved recipe from Joyful Momma. Try it and let me know what you think!
White Chicken Enchilada
About 4-6 servings
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10 soft taco shells
- 2 c cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 (4ozs.) can diced green chillies
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chillies. Do not bring to boil; you don’t want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.